[Total Time: 2½ Hours]
[Total Marks: 75]
N.B.: 1) Attempt all questions.
2) All questions carry equal marks.
3) Draw neat labeled diagrams wherever necessary.
4) Use of log tables and non-programmable calculator is allowed.
5) For Q.2, Q.3, and Q.4 attempt A and B OR C and ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Q.1) Do as directed (Any fifteen) (15M)
1) _______________ means integrating the national economy with the world economy. (Privatization, Liberalization, Globalization)
2) _______________ is the process of selling government equity in PSUs to private parties. (Liberalization, Globalization, Disinvestment)
3) _______________ is undertaken by large corporate firms either by buying the land or taking land on a lease basis. (Contract farming, Corporate farming, Government farming)
4) The government of India has given autonomy to the Board of Directors of PSUs in _______________. (selection, recruitment, decision making)
5) The UDHR consists of a preamble and ________ articles highlighting human rights and freedoms entitled to everyone in the world. (20,10, 30)
6) Article 21(A) has made _______________ education as a fundamental right. (higher, secondary, primary)
7) Human rights are those conditions of ____ life without which no man can seek in general to be himself at his best. (economic, social, personal)
8) The National Rights theory first germinated in _______________ Theory of Ethics as the basis for politics. (Grotius, Locke, Hobbes)
9) Acid rain is one of the harmful effects of _________ pollution. (air, water, noise)
10) ________development focuses on improving the quality of human life without increasing the use of natural resources. (Environment, Sustainable, Human)
11) The _______________ is the layer of gases surrounding our planet. (hydrosphere, biosphere, atmosphere)
12) The area near the surface of the earth can be divided into _______________ interconnect geo-spheres. (three, four, five)
13) _______________ is the situation in which two or more parties feel themselves in opposition. (Stress, Conflict, Frustration)
14) _______________ provide moral principles and rules of good conduct to be followed by individuals in a society. (Behaviour, Ethics, Prejudice)
15) _______________ implies a preconceived and unreasonable judgement or opinion, usually an unfavourable one, arising out of fear, hatred or suspicion. (Values, Behaviour, Prejudice)
16) _______ refers to behaviour by individuals that intentionally threaten, attempt, or inflict physical harm on others. (Conflict, Violence, Aggression)
17) Maslow identified _______________ set of needs. (three, four, five)
18) In the method of _______________, the stress victim is under the medical guidance. (networking, biofeedback, social support)
19) _______________ means forming close associations with trusted friends and co-workers. (Networking, Biofeedback, Social support)
20) _______________ needs include appreciation and search for beauty, love for art and architect forms. (Cognitive, Aesthetic, Transcendence)
Q. 2) A) Explain the term Liberalization in detail. (8M)
Q. 2) B) Explain the concept of human rights. Elaborate its origin and evolution. (7M)
Q. 2) C) Describe in brief the concept of corporate farming. (8M)
Q. 2) D) Describe any 14 articles from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. (7M)
Q. 3) A) Explain the components of sustainable development. (8M)
Q. 3) B) Elaborate on poverty and environment. (7M)
Q. 3) C) Describe the components of the environment. (8M)
Q. 3) D) Describe in detail the structure and function of an ecosystem. (7M)
Q. 4) A) Critically evaluate Maslow’s theory of self-actualisation. (8M)
Q. 4) B) Explain the Hierarchy of Needs Theory. (7M)
Q. 4) C) Explain the meaning and causes of stress. (8M)
Q. 4) D) Explain the term Prejudice along with its positive and negative roles. (7M)
Q 5) Write Short notes on any three of the following. (15M)
a) Effects of migration.
b) Right to freedom of Religion.
c) Behavioural Ecology.
d) Time management.
e) Physiological needs.