[Time: 2½ Hrs.]
[Total marks: 75]
Q. 1) Do as directed (any 15) (15M)
1) ____________ is a land of diversities and contrasts.
2) ________ is the holy book of Islam.
3) The twenty – fourth tirthankara was __________________.
4) _____________ is termed as a universal religion.
5) The Indo – Aryan languages cover almost _______ percent of India’s population.
6) In Indian bilingual policy, ________ is the primary official language.
7) In estate system, the _____ performed religious duties. (aristocrats, clergy, serfs)
8) The ancient Hindu scriptures depict women as ______, where references are made to Goddess Kali. (Prakriti, Sati, Sakti)
9) Dowry harassment is a type of _____ violence against women. (social, criminal, domestic)
10) The ________ guaranteed equal access in several spheres such as the legal process, education, and public employment. (Directive Principles, Fundamental Rights, Preamble)
11) ___________ of the Indian constitution states that untouchability is abolished and its practice in any form is forbidden. (Article 17, Article 21, Article 24)
12) At times, _____ leads to violence and lawlessness in the society. (Coordination, cooperation, conflict)
13) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are in dispute over ____ river (Godavari, Krishna, Cauvery)
14) ____________ is the head of the Gram Panchayat.
15) Gramsevak is appointed by _____________ to carry out the routine work of of the Gram Panchayat.
16) ____________ % reservations of seats for women are available in local self governments.
17) The rural local self government in India is described as ______________.
18) What is meant by republic?
19) The term ____________ means free from any internal or outside control.
20) What does seventh schedule contain?
Q. 2) A) Elaborate on India as a multi-religious country. (8M)
Q. 2) B) What are the characteristics of rural establishments? (7M)
Q. 2) C) Discuss in detail – Linguistic diversity in India. (8M)
Q. 2) D) Explain the characteristics and problems of tribal areas. (7M)
Q. 3) A) Explain the various issues relating to auditorily challenged persons. (8M)
Q. 3) B) What is regionalism? Examine the causes of regional conflicts in India. (7M)
Q. 3) C) Write a note on mentally challenged persons. (8M)
Q. 3) D) Explain the measures for resolving regional conflicts. (7M)
Q. 4) A) Describe the process of making of Indian constitution. (8M)
Q. 4) B) Discuss the role of schedules of the Indian constitution. (7M)
Q. 4) C) Illustratively explain role and significance of women in politics. (8M)
Q. 4) D) What constitutes Municipal Corporation and discuss its role. (7M)
Q. 5) Write short notes on (any 3) (15M)
a) Positive discrimination in India.
b) Orthopedically Handicapped.
c) Ways to achieve communal harmony.
d) 74th Amendment Act.
e) Content of Preamble of Indian constitution.