Time: 2 hours
Maximum marks: 40
1. All questions carry marks as indicated.
2. Solve Question 1 OR Questions No. 2.
3. Solve Question 3 OR Questions No. 4.
4. Solve Question 5 OR Questions No. 6.
5. Solve Question 7 OR Questions No. 8.
6. Due credit will be given to neatness and adequate dimensions.
7. Assume suitable data whenever necessary.
8. Illustrate your answers whenever necessary with the help of neat sketches.
9. Use of non programmable calculator is permitted.
1. (a) What are the general considerations for selection of Site ? [5M]
(b) List out the Principles of building planning. Explain any four. [5M]
2. (a) State various types of buildings with their functions. [4M]
(b) A plot is having dimensions 50 m x 60 m. A building constructed on it occupies 700 m2 on ground floor and 550 m2 on first floor. If permissible FSI is $latex 0cdot8$, how much area can be constructed on second floor ? [6M]
3. (a) Explain various Principles of Surveying. [5M]
(b) What are the different types of Pavements ? Explain with neat sketch. [5M]
4. (a) What are the various instruments used in surveying ? Explain Digital Planimeter and Total Station. [6M]
(b) Draw a typical cross – section of a Highway. [4M]
5. (a) Draw flowchart of Water Treatment process and state purpose of each unit. [5M]
(b) For a town of population 1 lakh, the per capita consumption is 270 litres/ capita / day. Calculate the quantity of supply water required for the town. Also, give the breakage of domestic demand. [5M]
6. (a) Explain the different types of dams. Draw the cross – section of Gravity dam. [5M]
(b) Explain Rainwater Harvesting. [5M]
7. (a) Explain the concept of Green building. [5M]
(b) What are the different types of strain gauges ? Explain Electrical resistance strain gauge. [5M]
8. (a) Explain Spectrophotometer. [5M]
(b) Explain the role of Civil Engineer in Sustainable development. [5M]