Time : Three Hours
Max. Marks : 80
Notes : 1. All questions carry marks as indicated.
2. Solve Question 1 OR Questions No. 2.
3. Solve Question 3 OR Questions No. 4.
4. Solve Question 5 OR Questions No. 6.
5. Solve Question 7 OR Questions No. 8.
6. Solve Question 9 OR Questions No. 10.
7. Solve Question 11 OR Questions No. 12.
8. Illustrate your answers whenever necessary with the help of neat sketches.
1. a) What are organizations doing to improve their business ethics? [07 M]
b) What approach can you take to ensure ethical decision making? [06 M]
2. a) What relationships must an IT worker manage, and what key ethical issues can arise in each? [07 M]
b) Narrate common ethical issues for IT users with respect to : [06 M]
i) Software piracy
ii) Inappropriate use of computing resource
iii) Inappropriate sharing of information.
3. a) Explain different types exploits involved in computer crime. [08 M]
b) Highlight the difference between industrial spying & gathering competitive intelligence. Is use of competitive intelligence ethical or unethical? Why? [06 M]
4. a) What are the key elements of a multilayer process for managing security vulnerabilities based on the concept of reasonable assurance? [07 M]
b) How the risk assessment is performed while establishing security policy? [07 M]
5. a) What is consumer profiling? What are the various strategies for consumer profiling, and what are associated ethical issues? [07 M]
b) Write a short note on : [06 M]
i) Workplace monitoring
ii) Advanced Surveillance technology.
6. a) What important freedom of expression issues relate to the use of information technology? [07 M]
b) Write down children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). How school and libraries subject to CIPA act. [06 M]
7. a) Write a short note on : [08 M]
i) Copy rights
b) What is reverse engineering, and what issues are associated with applying it to create alook – alike of a competitor’s software program? [05 M]
8. a) What are essential components of a software development and what are the benefits of using such a methodology? [07 M]
b) What are the most common types of software product liability claims? [06 M]
9. a) What are contingent workers, and how are they employed in information technology industry? [07 M]
b) What is Whistle-blowing? What is an effective Whistle- blowing process? [07 M]
10. a) Define H – 1B visa. Enlist various steps in H – 1B application process. [07 M]
b) What is green computing? What are organizations doing to support this initiative? [07 M]
11. a) What is Digital Divide? What is being done to reduce the negative influence of the digital divide? [07 M]
b) Define Telework. List advantages and disadvantages of teleworking for employees. [06 M]
12. a) Explain medical information websites for by people. [06 M]
b) Explain cyberbulling and cyberstalking related to social networking. [07 M]