S.E. (Electrical Engineering) (First Semester)
POWER GENERATION TECHNOLOGIES
Time: Two Hours Maximum Marks: 50
N.B. :— (i) Attempt all questions.
(ii) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
(iii) Assume suitable data, if necessary.
1. (a) Explain the operation of steam power plant with the help of schematic diagram. 
(b) Explain Rankine cycle with PV and TS Diagram. 
2. (a) Explain working of Electrostatic precipitator with neat sketch. 
(b) With the help of diagram explain the Nuclear power plant. 
3. (a) Explain the working of Pelton turbine with neat diagram in hydropower plant 
(b) Describe the types of wind turbine electrical generators. 
4. (a) Explain the function of the following component in HPP : 
(b) Explain how the wind pattern affects power generation in wind energy systems. 
5. (a) Explain the impacts of shading on PV system I-V curves. 
(b) Explain the methods of measurement of solar radiation. 
6. (a) Write a short note on Ocean Thermal Energy conversion. 
(b) Explain the terms : 
(1) Solar Constant
(2) Concentration ratio.
7. (a) Discuss the working of a paraboloidal collector with neat sketch. 
(b) Write a short note on biomass energy conversion to electricity. 
8. (a) Explain flat type solar collector and its application. 
(b) Explain grid-connected renewable system and their requirements.