Time : Three Hours
Max. Marks : 80
Notes : 1. All questions carry marks as indicated.
2. Solve Question 1 OR Questions No. 2.
3. Solve Question 3 OR Questions No. 4.
4. Solve Question 5 OR Questions No. 6.
5. Solve Question 7 OR Questions No. 8.
6. Solve Question 9 OR Questions No. 10.
7. Solve Question 11 OR Questions No. 12.
8. Illustrate your answers whenever necessary with the help of neat sketches.
1. a) What is ethics? Why it is important to act according to code of ethics? [07 M]
b) Give the meaning of compliance and how does it help to promote the right behaviour and discourage undesirable ones. [06 M]
2. a) What approach can you take to ensure ethical decision making? [06 M]
b) What relationships must an IT worker manage, and what key ethical issues can arise in each? [07 M]
3. a) Why has there been a dramatic increase in the number of computer related security incidents in recent years? [07 M]
b) What are the most common types of security attacks? [07 M]
4. a) What is computer forensics and what role does it play in responding to computer incident? [07 M]
b) What are key trade-offs and ethical issues associated with safe guarding the data and information systems? [07 M]
5. a) What is identity theft? Discuss the techniques used by identity thieves. [06 M]
b) Bring out various strategies for consumer profiling and what are associated ethical issues? [07 M]
6. a) Give the capabilities of advanced surveillance technologies, and what ethical issues do they raise? [07 M]
b) List key issues related to freedom of expression, Discuss? [06 M]
7. a) Write a short note on: [08 M]
i) Copyrights. ii) Patents.
b) What are the most common types of software product liability claims? [06 M]
8. a) What are essential components of a software development methodology and what are the benefits of using such a methodology?
b) What is reverse engineering and what issues are associated with applying it to create a lookalike of a competitors software program?
9. a) Comments on ethical issues in ”Because some entities can afford to make significant investment in IT while others cannot and thus are blocked in their efforts to raise productivity”. [06 M]
b) What is being done to reduce the negative influence of digital divide? [07 M]
10. a) What impact does IT on standard of living and worker productivity. [07 M]
b) What is virtual life community and what are some of the ethical issues associated with such community? [06 M]
11. a) What are some of the key ethical issues associated with the use of social networking web sites? [07 M]
b) What is effective whistle-blowing process? What is its need? [06 M]
12. a) What is green computing ? What the organizations are doing to support this initiative? [07 M]
b) Define H-1 B visa. Enlist various steps in H-1 B application process. [06 M]