Are you preparing for Gate 2024? But, You don’t know about the syllabus, exam pattern, and eligibility criteria for the exam. Don’t worry, you are at the right place. In this article, you will get here detailed information of the GATE EXAM.
Let us first know what is the full form of GATE. GATE is an acronym for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is conducted every year by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore in India on a rotational basis. GATE 2024 will be conducted in online mode as a Computer Based Test (CBT) in various cities across India. The official notification will be released in July 2023 by IISc Bangalore. GATE 2024 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore.
Before starting your preparation you have to firstly analyze the syllabus and question papers of gate exams and know about the exam. In this article we are going to discuss the following topics :-
I) Syllabus for Gate 2024 Exam
ii) Exam Pattern
iii) Eligibility Criteria
iv) Opportunities after cracking Gate Exam.
Candidates planning to write GATE exam in 2024 must check the details carefully. We have covered every significant aspect and detail of GATE 2024 in this post
The table below gives the short summary of the exam.
|Official Website for GATE
|Date of GATE 2024
|3,4,10 and 11 February 2024
|180 minutes ( 3 Hours)
|Type of questions
|MCQ and NAT
|Language of exam
|65 ( 55 (subject ) + 10 (GA) = 65)
|Gate Exam fee
|Female ( per paper ) – Rs. 850 ( Late fees during the extended period – Rs. 1350)
|SC/ST/PwD (per Paper ) – Rs. 850, ( Late fees during extended period – Rs. 1350)
Other Candidates ( including International Applicants) – Rs. 1700 ( Late fees during extended period – Rs. 2250)
Who can give GATE Exam ?
Candidates should hold one of the undergraduate degree to apply for GATE 2024. The candidates wishing to seek entry in the postgraduate programs at prestigious institutions across the country could give this exam. Candidates who wish to get job in PSUs , or any other government sector . The candidates can start their preparation from the third year of their engineering degree. As from now, Third year students of engineering can also get chance to give GATE Exam.
Eligibility criteria for the candidates :-
Minimum Qualification :- From 3rd year of B.Tech
Pass Percentage :- There are no minimum pass percentage requirements to apply for the exam.
Nationality :- Candidates should be Indian, Candidates from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore and United Arab Emirates are also eligible for the exam.
Why GATE ?
Gate is an acronym for Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). This is the common question amongst students that why one should give GATE.
There are many reasons that why one might consider giving the GATE exam.
There are several reasons why one might consider giving the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Here are a few key reasons:
- Higher Education Opportunities: GATE is primarily conducted for admission to postgraduate programs (Masters and Ph.D.) in prestigious engineering institutes in India, such as the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). By clearing GATE, you increase your chances of getting admission to these renowned institutions, which can provide excellent academic and research opportunities.
- Scholarships and Fellowships: Many organizations and government agencies offer scholarships and fellowships to GATE qualifiers. These financial benefits can support your higher education and alleviate the financial burden of pursuing a postgraduate degree.
- Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs): GATE scores are used by several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in India for recruiting engineers in various technical positions. Securing a job in a PSU offers job stability, attractive remuneration, benefits, and a chance to contribute to the nation’s development.
- Career Advancement: GATE scores are highly valued by many companies, both in India and abroad. Clearing GATE can enhance your employment prospects in industries related to engineering, technology, and research. It showcases your technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, and dedication to the field, which can set you apart from other candidates.
- Personal Growth and Skill Development: Preparing for GATE requires focused study, discipline, and perseverance. The process of preparing for the exam helps you deepen your understanding of engineering concepts, enhances your problem-solving abilities, and improves your analytical and logical thinking skills. These skills are valuable not only for the exam but also for your professional and personal growth.
- International Opportunities: Some international universities recognize GATE scores and offer admissions or scholarships to Indian students based on their performance. Clearing GATE can open doors to pursue higher studies abroad and explore global academic and research opportunities.
- Competitive Edge: GATE is a highly competitive exam, and clearing it demonstrates your competence and dedication in the field of engineering. It sets you apart from other candidates and gives you a competitive edge when applying for jobs, scholarships, or further studies.
It’s important to note that the decision to give GATE should be based on your personal aspirations, career goals, and interests. Consider your individual circumstances, evaluate the benefits and opportunities it can provide, and make an informed decision.
The other possibilities are as follow :-
- High-paying jobs in PSUs like Maharatna, Navratana, Miniratna Category- I , Miniratna Category – II
- Higher Education in IITs, IIMs, and Foreign Universities.
- Career as Technocrats in Central Government.
- Helps in campus Recruitment in College
- The table below shows the career opportunities after gate.
|PSU/ Gov. Job
|Carrer in Management
|M.tech/ MS (Abroad)
|1. BHEL, HAL, Maharatna, Navratna, etc.
|Fellowship Program in management
|Better job opportunities
|2. 50 + PSU
|Post graduate diploma in management
|Higher paying package
|Postgraduate diploma in management
|National Institute of Industrial Management (NITIE)
So Why we should wait?
Just start preparing for the GATE exam 2024 and open the gate of opportunities.
Paper will be of 100 Marks and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
Paper will consists of 72 & technical, 13% maths and 15% aptitude.
Syllabus of GATE 2024 :-
The Syllabus of GATE 2024 and information brochure will be available by IISc Bangalore. Candidates can download the syllabus pdf online via the official website and with the help of the link provided here, https://gate.iisc.ac.in
You can get previous years’ papers and their solutions for Electrical and Electronics Engineering from here. To Boost your preparation, you can attempt the mock test available in the website.
There are a number of opportunities if you crack the gate exam. The scorecard of the GATE exam is valid for 3 years.
THis is all about the Gate Exam. Start your preparation from now and get a good score .
Hope this article, had given you the full information about the gate exam.
All The Best !!!